A new gzdoom build - advices needed

Need help with your project? Ask here.
Cherepoc

A new gzdoom build - advices needed

Post by Cherepoc »

Well... how do I begin? Sorry for my bad english? ^^
I made a gzdoom build for my project. This is my first experience with doom source code, it might be ugly and buggy, so i need some advices.
This build is based on gzdoom r393, it removes movement bobbing in air and adds new anglethrust flag.
Anglethurst flag allows actors to thrust other actors using its' angle and pitch (not angle between the actors, but angle of the hitting actor). Projectile with this flag also gain pitch related to velocity. A_FaceTarget now sets pitch, if caller has this flag.
Attached file contains src pathch and decorate mod, which sets anglethrust flag to most original doom actors. To test the build properly I increased thrusting and also increased player's health.
The question: is "movement bobbing bug" fix good? I think it's ugly... Is the anglethrust flag good idea?
Why I made new thrusting behaviour? Cause it's fun!!! Just take berserk! The upper you aim the higher dead monsters fly=). Also you can set level 20, lower gravity, kill a cyberdemon, then jump over mastermind!
Have fun! ^^
Attachments
helloworld.zip
here's the build
(5.24 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Ahaha oh wow!
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: A new gzdoom build - advices needed

Post by Rachael »

Hmmm, interesting stuff. Although, you naming your file "hello world" made it very suspect. In the future, please choose more sensible names for your attachments. :)

Anyway, it's not likely this will receive much attention here. In your shoes, I would link this thread on the ZDoom forum.

(If you repost it instead of linking it, which you're free and welcome to do, this thread will be locked and archived)
Cherepoc

Post by Cherepoc »

SoulPriestess wrote:Anyway, it's not likely this will receive much attention here. In your shoes, I would link this thread on the ZDoom forum.
I don't want much attention. But if there won't be any replyes, I'll link it on zdoom forum. I already have 2 threads there - [All] Player bobbing in air and [DECORATE] ThrustZ flag for projectiles. My build adds a flag and fixes the bug. But the flag is very buggy and specific (I don't think anybody exept me will use it), and the bugfix is ugly. So I don't want to post code submissions there, I hope someone else will do it better =).
Now back to build - I found a stupid bug (monster projectiles gained new angle instead of pitch =) ) and fixed it. Also this flag breaks autoaimed hitscans - when they hit not in monster you aim, the target is thrusted using your angle. But I won't use bullets in project, so I don't care =)
Well, the flag seems to be good enough. But I still need help with bobbing.
New exe is here.
SoulPriestess wrote:In the future, please choose more sensible names for your attachments. :)
Like this? =)
PS. I just realized. I don't need to wait for doomscript anymore. So I'll be back with some new codepoinetrs soon, don`t you mind?=)
Attachments
ddc2_gzdoom-r393m.zip
this is it
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Last edited by Cherepoc on Sun Jul 19, 2009 21:08, edited 1 time in total.
Ahaha oh wow!
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

That's a much much better name for your attachment, thank you. :)
Cherepoc

Post by Cherepoc »

New version. I've added buoyancy, so things will float in water=). I also added some sort of density, so different classes can have different buoyancys, and sublevel - it showes how actor is submerged, it's a fixed value, 1.0 - fully underwater, 0 - not under water.
The only issue is that buoyancy is not good for players. So I disabled this force when player is moving.
What do you think?
Zip contains another zip with a map. Barrels are pushable.
Ah, now rockets are funny too!=)
Attachments
ddc2_gzdoom-r397m.zip
yup, it's wood
(5.63 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
Ahaha oh wow!

Return to “Editing Help”