Help with Fog

Need help with your project? Ask here.
PeskySaurus

Help with Fog

Post by PeskySaurus »

Is there anyway to control the intensity of fog in Skulltag/Zdoom?

is it possible to make the fog not so thick? It's a neat effect but really makes it impossible to see farther than like 5 feet. Is there a way to make it thinner like in Doom 64? http://www.doom2.net/~doomdepot/tcscreens/absscr-31.jpg
That same picture done with the ACS script I'm using would be impossible to see the healthpack in the back, or the wall in the back most likely.
"Maybe one day I can figure it out, till then I just put another cigarette out, pull up a chair, open a brew, sit on the porch, and do what I do..." -Rehab
NeuralStunner

Re: Help with Fog

Post by NeuralStunner »

Sounds like you want [wiki]SetGlobalFogParameter[/wiki]. :)
Dean Koontz wrote:Human beings can always be relied upon to exert, with vigor, their God-given right to be stupid.
Spoiler: System Specs
PeskySaurus

Post by PeskySaurus »

Hm, that looks awesome except that I use regular ZDoom/Skulltag (Mainly Skulltag) to run my .wad ....

Am I SOL?
"Maybe one day I can figure it out, till then I just put another cigarette out, pull up a chair, open a brew, sit on the porch, and do what I do..." -Rehab
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Software mode and old GL? Yeah, probably. :(
Dean Koontz wrote:Human beings can always be relied upon to exert, with vigor, their God-given right to be stupid.
Spoiler: System Specs
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Fog density is controlled by the sector's light level: The higher the value the less dense the fog.
PeskySaurus

Post by PeskySaurus »

Thanks Graf, I might be able to make do with that.

Return to “Editing Help”