Upcoming release

Advanced OpenGL source port fork from ZDoom, picking up where ZDoomGL left off.
[Home] [Download] [Git builds (Win)] [Git builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo] [Bugs&Suggestions]

Moderator: Graf Zahl

dpJudas
Developer
Developer

Re: Upcoming release

Post by dpJudas »

The classic side effect of changes that are so simple that gives the hubris to do it in one go without even checking if it compiles or not. Don't think there's a single developer out there that hasn't done this one time or another. :D
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

That, and it's also like, "well it's Gez <or insert the name of someone else who's been at this a VERY long time>, they've probably already tested it." But the mistake occurred on my end, by not fully reading his post. >_> lol
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

Post by Major Cooke »

With my patch sent in to Graf, flat sprites is just in time to make it in, fully functioning.

Speaking of embarrassments, I find it equally embarrassing that one single line of code as small as this accomplishes all the original crap I was trying to make the damn thing do. :oops:

Man, this is gonna be a whopping big GZDoom update. I'm excited. :mrgreen:
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Major Cooke wrote:Man, this is gonna be a whopping big GZDoom update. I'm excited. :mrgreen:
You should be. :)

Good job.
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

Post by Major Cooke »

And thank you all for the assistance.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Assistance? Me? I did nothing except try to rally a testing call. I don't know if that even worked. >_>
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

Post by Major Cooke »

Any sort of contribution I count as assistance whether it was as little as words spoken or actual coding. :P

And you did give me a few pointers. That counts.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

Eruanna wrote:That, and it's also like, "well it's Gez <or insert the name of someone else who's been at this a VERY long time>, they've probably already tested it." But the mistake occurred on my end, by not fully reading his post. >_> lol
I caught it and fixed it quickly enough but originally the code I posted was accidentally missing a closing parenthesis. Trust no one. :P
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

And it's done... :)
_mental_
Developer
Developer

Post by _mental_ »

Push the tag please.

What about macOS version? I can make the build but have no certificate to digitally sign it (like Blzut3 is doing with ZDoom devbuilds).
Edward-san
Developer
Developer

Post by Edward-san »

Hey, you forgot to merge the 'alternative ptr' fix from zdoom!
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

_mental_ wrote:Push the tag please.

What about macOS version? I can make the build but have no certificate to digitally sign it (like Blzut3 is doing with ZDoom devbuilds).

I want to try it myself but it may take a few days. I wanted to do it yesterday but some unexpected family visit got in the way, so that it was late at night when I was finally able to do the Windows version.

What will happen if an unsigned build is used? Some warning or stuff?

@Edward-san: Yes, I know. I encountered that little issue when the release was already built, so it will go into the inevitable bugfix release that's probably due in the next week or so.
_mental_
Developer
Developer

Post by _mental_ »

Graf Zahl wrote:What will happen if an unsigned build is used? Some warning or stuff?
Depends on the version of operating system.
By default macOS doesn't run unsigned bundles and issues an error. This was quite easy to overcome in 10.11 and earlier.
However Apple removed that option in Sierra and users need to do more advanced things like removing the particular extended attribute from Terminal.

Honestly I ignored this issue completely in my fork because I won't get personal certificate in any case.
I think we should kindly ask Blzut3 to sign the bundle. For example I can build a version this evening and send it to him. So the release will be available tomorrow if everything will go smoothly.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Hm, Apple is surely starting to wall the Mac in as well. I wonder when this will have some repercussions because it'd effectively mean to shut out lots of hobbyist software from the platform.
dpJudas
Developer
Developer

Post by dpJudas »

I think they are betting most important open source projects will have someone pay the 100 dollars annual fee. One of these days they are going to overplay their hand though. They act a bit like Microsoft in the 90's now, but it seems someone forgot to tell them that they have less than 10% market share. :roll:

Return to “GZDoom”