I'm not dead...

Anything that doesn't fit into other forums.
Lexus Alyus

I'm not dead...

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Expect even more abcence from me in the upcoming days. I need to sort out my life... nothing too major but I have a job interview, a graduation ceromony and a hole in my bank account... where money has mysteriously dissapeared (it hasn't really ;)... not like it was there in the first place really :D).

RL can be fun, but it also causes me to forget about my Net responsibilities. Over the past few weeks I've just had no motivation to create any music or wads... I've dabbled in GZDoom, but only minor things...

I need to sort out my RL before I can have the headspace to do some work on music and stuff. I can give you this little bit of hope though: If I get a full time job then I'll be purchasing a mac laptop pritty soon... this means that I start DJing :D, but it also means that I'll be producing music on proper (legal) software that has no bugs :D. This is a very good thing BTW ;).

I've finally decided to settle on a mac laptop rather than a full on mac because

1) I like my PC... so that stays (if I get a job then I'll be upgrading it too :D),

2) A full on mac would be quite expensive. The laptops are expensive... but they're portable ;),

3) I'm dipping my toe into digital DJing... I see lots of opurtunities coming from this... I likes the idea ;). Of course, this means that I need a lap top...

4) A laptop would be mobile and fast enough for the time being to produce good music. I'll be going for cut down versions of the software, but this will have minor impacts on my music (in fact, it should make it sound better :D).

I'll keep ye up to date :D.

:twisted:
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Paul »

Cool :)

How lengthy will Your absence be BTW? (presuming)
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Not long :D.

I've got a full time job now... I had the interview today and they took me on straight away :D.

This has made me 100% times happier :).

What significance does this have to my absece? Simply put, I've been getting depressed over the fact that I have no full time job and no hope of a decent career. This depression has forced me to loose my motivation for everything... Now I have a job that will allow me to work my way up... I have a future, I'm not sad anymore :D.

I'd say I'm back now... looks like that was a long absence ;).

:twisted:
Paul

Post by Paul »

Superb :thumb:

Great to have You back. I've been doing this and that, speaking with a dude who let me cleanse myself out of half of my worries as well. Go to that other forum ;) interesting stuff there.
solarsnowfall
Persecution Complex

Post by solarsnowfall »

Congrats on the new jobby, and good luck with it as well.
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Yeah, it will take some time to settle in and adjust, but once things are going smooth I'll be moving out of my parants home :D.
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

Lexus Alyus wrote:(...) I'll be moving out of my parants home :D.
Hooray for freedom... :kewl:
Ang gratz on the job.
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

I'm not dead...

/me casts magic missile +50

U daed
ellmo

Post by ellmo »