Parallax: The Reckoning (or something, heh)

Moderators: Rex Claussen, Persecution Complex Team - Paranoid, Phobos Directive Team

Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Parallax: The Reckoning (or something, heh)

Post by Rex Claussen »

The on-again-off-again project known as Parallax is now back on. I have actually figured out how to work with wholesale 3D spaces and have made some progress on the space station map; however, I continue to search for suitable models. Meanwhile, I've also spent some time play-testing and cleaning up the other maps. I'm realizing that the project is far more ambitious than I originally set out to produce; just the thought of what remains is daunting. Also, because of my extended absences, some of the other team members might have lost some motivation. So, if team members don't return, I'll need to pare down the scope of the project. I'm not referring to the number of maps, more the aspects whose absence don't make the game incomplete, just less enjoyable. I'm speaking of new music, voice acting, and Ed The Bat's fantastic work on the enemy & weapon models.

On a related note, I have lost access to doomnexus.drdteam.org, so I can't update the site with screenshots, map-specific progress, and WIP files. This setback is not truly significant, but I did like updating the site. Also, I've been meaning to share the WIP with team members, but I don't have a site to which I can upload the files. Ah, well.

Return to “News”